This soup is seriously the PERFECT winter pick-me-up. I made it a few weeks ago and I am obsessed. I’m not gonna lie, I was really proud of how good it turned out haha. Especially because I just threw random ingredients together and hoped for the best.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or 3 small ones)
- 3 cups of chicken broth (or veggie broth if you prefer that instead)
- 1-2 cups quinoa (cooked)
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- Skin sweet potatoes and chop up into smaller pieces
- Boil sweet potatoes until soft (usually ~10 minutes will do the trick!)
- Drain sweet potatoes
- Throw the sweet potatoes in a blender & add the broth
- Blend until smooth
- Pour soup back into pan
- Add 1 cup of almond milk. (You can also substitute cream but it’s obviously not as healthy!)
- Add cooked quinoa to soup (I prefer a lot of quinoa but you can obviously add less or skip all together)
- Add garlic, pepper and sirracha to taste (The sweet & spicy is the perfect combination!)
- Top with sliced avocado & enjoy!