- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 4T butter – softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt – I used Chobani
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 1/4 cup agave
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375
- Line a muffin pan with 10 tin liners
- Mix softened butter, stevia, agave, eggs and greek yogurt
- In a separate bowl, mix baking soda, baking powder, oats and flour
- Slowly combine ingredients while stirring
- Add in blueberries last. I like to mash up the blueberries beforehand so that they mix well with the batter.
- Pour batter into muffin tins
- Bake for 17 minutes, checking periodically to make sure they don’t burn. (everyone’s oven is different!)
I got home from work today and I was really in the mood to experiment in the kitchen. I based this recipe off of the banana muffin recipe (coming soon!) that I usually make and I was so pleasantly surprised with the results. I love breakfast pastries – especially muffins. Unfortunately I rarely buy them at coffee shops or bakeries because I know they’re all sugar. This recipe is great because I not only used stevia and agave instead of sugar, but also oats and whole wheat flour instead of white flour.
They’re seriously yummy. Not gonna lie – I ate two for dessert tonight. I couldn’t even wait for breakfast. Oops! : )
Let me know how they turn out for you!