I live in Philadelphia. Sometimes it feels like there’s a nail salon every 3 blocks. Probably because there is. Let’s just say I’ve been to quite a few of them. One of my favorite ways to treat myself after a long week of work, a race or just a bad day in general is to head to the salon, kick back in a massage chair and indulge in a mani/pedi. I used to refuse to pay more than $25 for a manicure and pedicure. However, I often left the salons regretting the money I just spent when I took a look at my nails up close and there was either leftover polish in the corners or obvious mistakes that I wouldn’t even make myself.
Then there’s Allure Nails on 7th and Chestnut. Hands down, the best nail salon in Philadelphia.
1. They take their time. If you’re in a rush and you just want to be in-and-out, don’t stop at Allure. (Although, they’re so accommodating that if you did stop in and tell them you were in a rush, I’m sure they’d get you out of there in time). I’ve never felt like they were rushing to get to the next client or hurrying up so that they could close.
2. They do an amazing job. I’ve never once had a bad manicure or pedicure. Every nail is perfect.
3. It’s clean. Very clean. They line the pedicure tubs with plastic so that no foot germs (yuck!) are transferred. They even open a new file and buffer sealed in plastic for every client; you get to take it with you when you leave. Let’s just say I won’t be running to CVS for a nail file anytime soon. They’re laying all over my house and you can probably find one in every drawer of my desk at work. : )
4. They do a free paraffin wrap every time you get a manicure.
5. They have ‘summer specials’ and most of their prices (if not all) are discounted. Sometimes during the summer they will have a sign out front that says, “Free 10 minute massage with every pedicure.” Can’t beat it.
6. When your nails are drying, the owner of the salon will approach you and ask, “Free massage?” Say yes!!! He gives the best massages and will completely relax you before you head out the door.
7. They’re beyond accommodating. If your jacket is hanging up and you try to take it off the hanger yourself, they won’t let you. They’ll cover your nails with a sealant before you leave. They even unroll your pant legs for you, for God’s sake! It’s pretty amazing.
8. If you mess up a nail (which I unfortunately tend to do way too often) they will fix it for you. I once got a pedicure on my lunch break at work and headed back to the office. I put my heels on way too soon and completely ruined my pedicure. I was so upset and right after work I headed back to Allure. They not only repainted my toes (free of charge) but 3 of the girls who work there spent about 15 minutes testing out colors with me as we tried to find the same OPI color that I had gotten on my finger nails.
Check Allure Nails out. You won’t regret it.