After countless attempts, I have perfected the most amazing Mexican dip ever. It’s usually gone in 10 minutes anytime we have a party at our house. (Not exaggerating.) I love this dip – and not just because it’s so delicious. It’s chock full of healthy vegetables and nutrients. I don’t feel guilty eating it. Sometimes I even make it as a ‘side salad’ and eat it by itself. Here’s how to make it:
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- Baby carrots (~10)
- ½ Red pepper
- ½ Green pepper
- ½ Orange pepper
- ½ Yellow pepper
- ½ Red onion
- Feta Cheese (8-16 oz)
- 3 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lime
- Cracked black pepper & garlic
- Chop up the peppers, carrots and avocado into smaller pieces (size of a dime or less)
- Skin, seed and chop up cucumber
- Rinse and strain the cans of black beans and corn
- Dice onion into fine pieces
- Throw all of the veggies, beans, corn and feta into a large bowl & mix together
- Squeeze lime
- Mix lime juice, olive oil and black pepper – shake it up in a container for best results
- Pour dressing over salad & enjoy!
- You don’t need to use all of the different colored peppers. If you only want to buy 2 peppers, I’d stick with the red and green and dice up each of the peppers rather than using only half.
- If you don’t plan on eating all of the dip immediately after making it, skip the avocado and cucumber. They go bad too quickly after being cut. Also, keep the dressing on the side to avoid sogginess.
- If there is a specific ingredient in the dip that you or a guest doesn’t enjoy, skip it! This is just my favorite combination.
- For a party, I usually stick with Scoops whole wheat tortilla chips.
- For a healthier version, try whole wheat pita or eat by itself. (I actually love it on its own and eat it often as a salad.)
- It also tastes delicious in a wrap.
Make this dip for a party and trust me, it will be a hit!