I love this salad because it’s so simple and easy to make. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and savory.
Here’s how you make it:
- 1 avocado
- 1 red apple
- 1/2 cup cooked (& chilled) quinoa
- 1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T Balsamic vinegar
- Cook quinoa and let chill in fridge for a few hours. I usually cook a big batch at once and store it in the fridge for the week.
- Slice up avocado.
- Chop apple into smaller cubes.
- To make the dressing, shake up the vinegar and the EVOO in a small container and drizzle over the salad.
- Mix ingredients together & enjoy!
Note: if you’re going to make this for lunch, wait to chop up the avocado and the apple until right before you eat the salad; they brown too quickly.
Options to add:
- Cheese (makes everything better!) – I suggest feta or goat’s cheese.
- Spices to dressing – sometimes I like to add cracked garlic pepper.